When you are looking for Cat 6 installation MD businesses often turn to NPI Connect. Since 1986, NPI Connect has enhanced infrastructure for corporate offices, campus complexes, government buildings, health centers, and more. Our extensive experience and dedicated team of professional staff has garnered us a reputation throughout Maryland, D.C., Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. If you are seeking fast internet connections and are located in MD Cat 6 installation might be right for your company’s needs. Contact us at NPI Connect for more information.
What is Cat 6 Cable?
Cat 6 cable is intended to set a standard for the Gigabit Ethernet. Also known as Category 6 cable, it is compatible with Cat 5 and Cat 3 standards and creates a high speed network that enables optimal performance.
How Cat 6 Installation in MD Works
When your building undergoes Cat 6 installation MD workers will likely notice a significant difference in performance and speed. Cat 6 cables support data rates of one gigabit per second and accommodates 10 GB Ethernet connections over a distance of 164 feet for a single cable.
Who Might Benefit from Cat 6 Installation
With regard to Cat 6 installation MD businesses that may benefit from this type of cable may include:
- Corporate offices
- Schools and educational institutions
- Health care centers and hospitals
- Data centers
- Law firms
- Commercial and financial buildings
- Transportation buildings
- Government buildings
If you would like to know more about Cat 6 installation MD companies can contact NPI Connect at (301) 548-0300.
Benefits of Cat 6 Installation
The benefits of Cat 6 installation are immense and include:
- Speed and Performance – Cat 6 cables can handle speeds all the way up to 250 MHZ. This means it is possible to use with ethernet networks including 10 GB ethernet.
- Similar to Cat 5 – Cat 6 and Cat 5 cables have eight copper wires twisted together to form four separate pairs.
- The primary difference in these cables is that in the Cat 6 cable, a pair of wires are kept separate. It is this that allows the Cat 6 to produce twice as much bandwidth as the Cat 5 cables.
- Upgradable – Cat 6 will not operate at its full performance if the remaining units in a network do not support fast GB speeds. If you are planning to upgrade your network, Cat 6 can and should be included in the upgrade.
Disadvantages of Cat 6 Cables
Before you decide on a Cat 6 installation MD business owners should consider the disadvantages in addition to the advantages. For example:
- Cat 6 cables are costlier than Cat 5 cables.
- Cat 6 cables only yield the GB speed if every network component can also work at this speed. If anything in the network does not allow this, you will not get the full benefit of the cable.
Talk with NPI Connect
People often upgrade to Cat 6 cables without knowing how it could affect their network, performance, and overall operation. For this reason it is a good idea to do some research before making a decision. Our staff at NPI Connect will be happy to discuss your current network and desired Ethernet speed. For a consultation about Cat 6 installation MD companies can contact NPI Connect at (301) 548-0300.