Smart Building Solutions
The word is spreading quickly about the incredible smart building solutions for commercial property owners. Smart building solutions, also referred to as intelligent buildings, take all of the structure’s operating systems and combine them into one, network-enabled system that can be accessed from any web-linked device.
Smart buildings are especially attractive to businesses looking to rent commercial space because of all the benefits they offer, such as lower energy costs and a safe and more comfortable environment for employees.
At Network Products, Inc., we have extensive experience in smart building solutions and would be happy to meet with you and discuss how an intelligent building can benefit your organization. These benefits can include:
HVAC System: The cost to run a HVAC system – heating, ventilation, and air conditioning – in a regular building typically accounts for more than a third of a building’s utility consumption. Not only does this affect the electric consumption, but air conditioning also eats up a large amount of a building’s water consumption.
By having the HVAC system managed by a smart building solutions system, each area of a building can be automatically adjusted based on the needs of that particular zone. For example, if there are no employees in a certain area, the system will detect it is empty and adjust the temperature. Instead of depending on an employee to remember to adjust the temperature when leaving the room, the building’s system will do it for you.
Lighting Sensors: A smart building will also turn off any lights in rooms or areas when the system senses there are no occupants in the room. The sensors will also pick up when someone enters a room and turn the lights back on.
Building Security: A structure’s entire security system – fire alarms, security cameras, air quality alarms – can be hooked up to the smart building’s main system. The system will also unlock security doors to allow access in emergency situations, such as fire alarms going off.
Remote Control: Intelligent building designs allow owners and management to control the different systems remotely. Systems can remotely track multiple areas in a building and issue alerts when there is a problem.
Take a supermarket, for example. It is after hours, the store is closed, but something has suddenly gone wrong with the store’s refrigeration and freezing systems. In a regular building, this issue would likely not be discovered until the morning when employees arrive for work, resulting in possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of ruined groceries. With an intelligent building however, an alert would have been sent immediately allowing facilities management to address the problem right away and avoiding the extensive loss of inventory.
Would You Like to Find Out How We Can Help?
If you think that smart building solutions would be beneficial to your commercial real estate, contact Network Products, Inc. today to set up a consultation with one of our professional consultants. With more than 30 years of experience behind us, we can design an intelligent building that will provide you with the utmost benefits available. Call us today to learn more.
- Lighting control
- Power monitoring
- Fire safety systems
- Energy management
- Building condition monitoring
- Security systems
- High-Speed Internet Connection: In the digital age, staying connected all the time is important. Smart building solutions offer high-speed internet that can benefit all of your employees. With a faster connection, they can get their work completed more efficiently.
- Increased Safety: It is important for employees to feel safe in the buildings they work in. With smart building solutions, you can give your employees the peace of mind they are looking for. For example, a smart building can detect smoke quickly and warn everyone to get out of the building if there is a fire. A smart building also has several security cameras everywhere, so you always know who is coming into your office.
- Reduced Energy Savings: Heating and air conditioning costs can get expensive for building owners. Smart buildings are usually highly efficient, so they are less expensive to operate than traditional buildings. If you have smart building technology installed, you can expect to save money on your energy bills every month.
- Increased Property Value: Another benefit of having a smart building design is that it can increase your property value. More and more buyers are looking to buy buildings with smart, connected systems. If your building has smart technology and you plan to sell it at some point, you may get a great return on your investment.
- Improved Comfort: If you install smart technology in your building, your employees may also feel more comfortable. The smart technology can keep the inside of the building at the right temperatures at all times, so employees will never feel too hot or too cold.
- Environmentally Friendly: Because smart buildings are more energy efficient than traditional buildings, they are better for the environment. If you have smart technology in your building, you can rest assured knowing that you are doing your part in helping the environment.