If you are seeking intelligent building technology, you may want to contact Network Products, Inc. We have been in business for over 30 years and provide communication solutions for several industries, including healthcare and legal. We use the latest technical software and build systems built around our clients’ needs.
What Is Intelligent Building Technology?
Intelligent building solutions are becoming more common in commercial buildings. They are designed to improve the environment of a building and control costs at the same time. The occupants of a building that houses this type of technology can enjoy improved comfort and security.
Intelligent building technology can control many types of operations in a building, such as:
- Air quality control
- Power monitoring
- Fire safety systems
- Lighting control
- Energy management
- Heating and air conditioning
- Building condition monitoring
- Access control/security systems
Benefits of Intelligent Building Technology
If you own a business, it may be in your best interest to invest in intelligent building systems. At Network Products, Inc., we have helped many businesses save money and improve comfort with this technology. Let’s take a closer look at the some of the benefits of intelligent building solutions:
- Increase the Value of Your Property: The value of your property may go up with intelligent building technology. If you ever plan to sell your building in the future, you may receive more for it if you make a smart investment now.
- Save Money on Energy: Running electricity through a commercial building can be expensive. Smart building technology can help cut your energy bills by utilizing optimal start/stop systems. This function lets the system know when it should turn the air conditioning on for certain area in the building.
- Self-Monitor for Problems: Intelligent buildings are designed to constantly monitor themselves for issues, such as elevator breakdowns. These systems are also wired to communicate with the right companies to get issues resolved.
- Improve Employee Retention: One of the main goals of a business owner is to retain employees. Intelligent building technology can help you do that by keeping your employees happy and comfortable. For example, this technology allows you to do control the heating, air conditioning, and lighting in your building, creating an ideal environment for workers.
- Keep Everyone Safe: It is very important to make your employees feel safe in the workplace. Smart buildings can keep everyone in the building safe in a number of different ways. For example, if the building detects smoke, it can sound off the fire alarm and alert everyone to evacuate. The building can also sound off an alarm if intruders try to enter the building.
- Benefit the Environment: Smart building technology is good for the environment because it decreases the amount of energy a building uses. This decreases the need to burn fossil fuels.
As you can see, intelligent buildings can make things a lot easier for you and your employees. It is a sound investment for any business owner to make.
If you want to learn more information about intelligent building technology, don’t hesitate to contact Network Products, Inc. at 301-548-0300.
Common Myths About Intelligent Buildings
Many businesses are recognizing the benefits of intelligent buildings and investing in them. However, there are still some untruths about these buildings that some still believe. Here are some common myths about intelligent building technology.
Intelligent Building Technology Is Just for New Buildings
It is a common misconception that smart building technology can only be used in brand new buildings. The truth is that many older buildings can successfully utilize this technology. These solutions can be implemented in old buildings through retrofit technologies.
Intelligent Buildings Are Tricky to Operate
Some people are hesitant to invest in intelligent buildings because they assume they will be too difficult to operate. However, the opposite is actually true. Smart buildings are actually simpler to operate than buildings without automated systems.
Intelligent Buildings Are Too Expensive
It is true that intelligent buildings are a big investment. That is what makes some business owners shy away from them. However, the long-term benefits of this technology outweighs the initial costs. For one thing, technology can help you save a lot of money on energy costs every month.
Intelligent Buildings Are Just About Energy
Although intelligent buildings can help save dramatically on energy, that is not all they are about. They can do much more. For example, these buildings detect when a piece of equipment is about to fail and alert the proper authorities to repair the problem. This can extend the life of equipment and reduce replacement costs.
Intelligent Buildings Don’t Make a Difference to Employees
Some business owners may assume that their employees do not care about smart buildings. This may be true if they do not know a lot of information about these buildings. However, if employees take the time to educate themselves about the benefit of smart building technology, they will likely view them in a positive light. For instance, most employees are concerned about building safety and security and are relieved to find out that smart buildings can provide that.
Intelligent Buildings and Green Buildings Are the Same
Intelligent buildings and green buildings share some of the same features, but they are not exactly alike. Intelligent buildings aim to save on energy and improve user experience. Green buildings, however, focus on improving the environment around us.