A Smart Building Can Save You Money
For many business owners, a smart or digital building can save them a lot of money. In fact, the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy determined that an increase of up to only four percent of energy efficiency in buildings could save US companies up to $60 billion. At Network Products, Inc. we can help you determine how much cost savings you might experience with an increase in energy efficiency.
Intelligent Efficiency Measures
A specialist from our team can review your existing energy usage and consider a multiple of factors including square footage, average outdoor temperatures, and primary building usage to determine what improvements you can make. By strategically, or intelligently, improving energy usage you could enjoy dramatically increased efficiency.
- Rooms with a minimum of 50,000 square feet can decrease energy costs by at least 20% even if intelligent efficiency measures are applied to only 35% of the area.
- The estimated electricity use by the US in 2030 could be reduced by 22% using commonly recognized intelligent efficiency measures.
The Value of Smart Equipment and Appliances
When smart equipment and appliances are connected, energy usage can be optimized. There are four primary technologies that can be effectively used for significant energy savings. They are as follows:
- Energy management system installed in a digital building. Our team can upgrade your existing system to incorporate automatic fault detection and diagnostics. Together, these tools dramatically reduce operation and management costs. They also help increase uptime. Combined, with energy optimized equipment, timers, and other systems, energy savings can be maximized. Depending on the configuration of the smart equipment, appliances, and monitoring system, you can expect to see anywhere from 13% to a 66% savings on energy usage. Ask us about historical analysis tools and predictive capability which may help you save even more in the long term.
- Smart lighting. Maximum building energy management includes a network that incorporates lighting, or smart lighting. Network controlled lighting can monitor the usage, user needs, and the operation of lights to ensure they are switched off or on at times that make the most sense. The light levels can be adjusted automatically as programmed. They can also be operated in conjunction with the use of HVAC systems in a cost and energy efficient way. When smart lighting is used with smart windows, those windows can in turn be adjusted to take advantage of sunlight and lessen the need for artificial lighting. Smart windows can also be darkened when needed and lighting increased.
- Smart HVAC system. A digital building will often incorporate the HVAC system as it is such an energy consumer. When a smart building includes the HVAC system in its smart network, it can maximize the efficiency of the heating and cooling systems which in themselves can consume an enormous amount of energy and drive cost. HVAC systems can be controlled, automated, and optimized in a smart building. After a thorough analysis of your existing buildings, our team can estimate what your cost savings might be when the HVAC system joins the smart network. It’s possible you could see as much as 24%-32% in cost savings when controlled ventilation and other technologies are used in conjunction with a smart HVAC system.
- Additional digital building systems. Smart building technology is constantly evolving and our trained staff is committed to understanding the latest advancements as well as technology under development.
If you would like to know more about how digital building technologies can save you money, give us a call today at (301) 548-0300 to speak with one of our specialists.